I have had weight loss surgery. I went through all fo the following feelings and thoughts. Here are some things to consider if you are still thinking – am I ready for surgery?
1. Decision Point: Have you made the decision or are you still thinking? Try to pinpoint You decide to have the surgery.
2. Shock and Awe: You feel “buyer’s remorse” or are in awe of how little you can eat.
3. Grief and Loss: You feel sad about the loss of some foods, rituals or even friends.
4. The Miracle: You feel invincible, like you’ll never overeat again.
5. Testing Limits: You go back to foods that used to trigger you to overeat.
6. End of Invincible: The “honeymoon” ends and you can gain weight again from those triggers.
7. GIVE UP OR CHANGE: You realize if you don’t make changes you will gain your weight back or stop losing.
8. Learning: You open up and learn to pinpoint what your real problems are.
9. Experimenting: You go through a trial and error process to discover what works for you.
10. Self Trust: You develop a sense of self trust and self care that was previously non-existent.
11. Mastery: You regain control and begin to experience some peace of mind with food, body and scale.
12. Freedom: You see that what you really want to do and what you MUST do to stay healthy ..and they are one and the same